Tuesday, November 9, 2010

From the Mouth of Babes

I am a babe.

Not the kind of "babe" you might be thinking...

Nor am I literally a baby.

I am actually a wife and a newbie mom to my almost 2 year old daughter. In my family, my daughter is the babe.

But in one of our CLPs , I found myself being called a "baby of Christ".

My husband and I have attended the CLP for the past 13 weeks and one friday the talk was about growing in the Spirit.

When it comes to growing in the Spirit, I am indeed a babe. And like a baby, I need nourishment, continuous support of a parent and a loving environment in order to grow --- and not just simply grow, but to grow in the way God wants me to.

As a baby of Christ, I found that I can be nourished with food --- food for the spirit:  that through prayer, the Bible, the sacraments, active service and fellowship, I can grow in the Spirit and live in the Spirit and love in the Spirit.

Like a parent, God has been most patient. His love endures and I can still feel His presence even at that point in my life when I had been complacent about being His daughter. He wants me to tell the world what I know ---that as a parent, He will never abandon His children, He will always forgive us and in the end He will save us.

Like a babe, I need a parent like Him, and like a true parent, He is always holding me close to His heart.

Speaking of the heart, a loving environment makes a growing baby a happy and peaceful one. And as a baby of Christ, He has blessed me with sisters in CFC (Couples for Christ) that has been encouraging, kind, and generous...

What else can a babe ask for?

I am a babe.

And from the mouth of a babe I shall proclaim His name. 

Happy M3 reading and may your days be blessed always!

No comments:

Post a Comment